This article walks you through opening and managing your client's account. You and your clients can use Ledgible simultaneously to review transactions or discuss year-end planning strategies. You can also help them directly as a value added service if they get stuck adding their digital assets information.
This article contains the following sections:
- Log in to your Ledgible Tax Pro account to view the Client Management dashboard. This view helps you see who’s stuck so you can provide a polite reminder or additional assistance. Scroll down to view the Active Clients list.
- Under the Actions column on the right, select the Open button for the client account you would like to access. Note: Open is not available for clients in Invited status or if the tax preparer or client has revoked consent.
- The Ledgible Tax dashboard for the selected account is opened in a new tab. Navigate and perform actions as though you were the client. See Ledgible Tax Overview for more details.
- When you are done, select the Manage Clients button at the top to return to your Client Management dashboard.
Note: Reports are only available for clients that have purchased Reports.
The Open button is grayed out
The Open button may be grayed out for several reasons:
- Your client has not approved the connection to your Tax Pro account. If the client's account is in Invited status, the Open button will not be available until your client links their account to yours. You will only be able to open client accounts that are in status In Progress, Client Submitted, or Report Generated. If the client's account is in status Invited, they need to first sign up/sign in and link their Ledgible Tax account to your Tax Pro account from the Settings menu. See Adding a Client (for tax preparers) and Connect to Your Tax Pro (for clients).
- The client has revoked consent for the tax preparer to access their account. This can be done from their Settings menu, where they can also reverse the operation by approving access.
- The tax preparer has revoked consent to access the client's account. This results in only having access to the Reports button for this client in the Actions column of the Active Clients table. The client can approve access again through their Settings menu.