After linking their account to their clients, Ledgible Tax Preparers can open and view, and modify client accounts, for example reviewing the transactions table, adding more crypto sources, designating certain transactions as staking rewards, etc. Accessing client accounts is therefore crucial to help ensure accurate tax returns.
This article will detail how to access your client accounts from the client management view of your Ledgible Tax Professional account.
To access your client accounts:
- Log into your Ledgible Tax Professional account. You will be greeted by the client management view, under the clients tab.
- From the list of clients you are presented with, click open client to the right of the client name that you wish to open.
- You will now be redirected to your client's Ledgible Tax Payer account. From here, you can proceed with reviewing your client's data. For more information on navigating a Tax Payer account, please refer to this article in our Knowledge Base.
To return to the client management view:
- When viewing a client's Tax Payer account, you can return to the client management page at any time by clicking the green Manage Clients button in the top-right corner.
The Open button may be grayed out for several reasons:
- Your client has not approved the connection to your Tax Pro account. If the client's account is in Invited status, the Open button will not be available until your client links their account to yours. You will only be able to open client accounts that are in status In Progress, Client Submitted, or Report Generated. If the client's account is in status Invited, they need to first sign up/sign in and link their Ledgible Tax account to your Tax Pro account from the Settings menu.
- The client has revoked consent for the tax preparer to access their account. This can be done from their Settings menu, where they can also reverse the operation by approving access.
- The tax preparer has revoked consent to access the client's account. This results in only having access to the Reports button for this client in the Actions column of the Active Clients table. The client can approve access again through their Settings menu.