Prefer watching to reading? Check out our video tutorial for this article, and many others, on the Ledgible YouTube channel!
You can generate a report that can be used to import a client's transaction history data into Thomson Reuters UltraTax CS from the Professional section of the Reports tab. Once you have downloaded the CSV file, just follow this guide to import the tax information into UltraTax CS.
- Open the client ready for import.
- Find the section labeled 'Income' on the left navigation panel.
- Near the top of the return, select the 'B&D' tab.
- Under B&D tab, click the button labeled 'Sch D / 8949.'
- Find section labeled 'Schedule for detail.'
- Click the button 'S' to open the import window.
- From the import window, select 'Virtual Currency' from the 'S' dropdown.
- Click the 'Statement' tab on the navigation bar.
- Select the 'Import Spreadsheet' option from the dropdown.
- Find Ledgible generated file and select 'Next.'
- Omit the first row (header row) from the import. A preview should be available to view.
- Import the File.