The first report in the list of available reports in Ledgible Crypto Accounting is the End of Day Balances Export report (also known as the Company Balances report). This article provides information about this report and step-by-step directions on how to generate it in the following sections:
The End of Day Balances Export report provides a CSV file containing a normalized record of the historical asset balances of each wallet and exchange in the account at the end of the specified date. The balances will be displayed by type of crypto (ETH, BTC, ALGO, BCH, etc). If a wallet or exchange has more than one currency, the report will display all types that held a balance at the end of the selected day. The date range that may be selected is the date of the Ledgible account creation onward. Ledgible does not allow for balance reports to be generated prior to the account creation date.
Note: The "End of Day" time used for this report's balances is based on UTC (GMT-0).
The output file may be opened in tools like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets for review or further data filtering.
To generate the End of Day Balances Export report, follow these steps:
- From your Ledgible Dashboard select the Reports tab.
- On the Reports tab, click the Create Report button to start your report.
- In the new Request Report window that opens, select the radio button to the left of End of Day Balances Export, then select Next on the bottom right to continue.
- Select the Date for which you would like to run the report. Select the Create button on the bottom right to generate your report.
- You will see a message that your report request was submitted successfully:
Select the Close button on the Request Report modal to return to the Reports dashboard.
- The report you just created will be at the top of the report list. If In Progress is listed under Actions, wait a moment and refresh your browser page. Once you see the Green Download Arrow icon you can click it to download your report.
- The report will download to your machine; once the download is complete, open the report in your preferred spreadsheet or text editor.
Date and time data for your crypto assets is converted to UTC (GMT-0) when added to Ledgible. UTC time is also used when reporting on your data.
- A quick method to view the end of day balances for any date is through the Dashboard tab- select the As Of Date in the upper right corner. The End of Day Balances Export report provides the same information in an easily sharable format. See the screenshot below for how to use the As Of Date filter to get a quick historical balance snapshot:
The downloaded report CSV file will be named using the naming scheme "companyBalances_MM_DD_YYYY_Account Name.csv" and can be opened in tools like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets for review or further data filtering. Text editor applications can also be used to view and edit the file but may not display the data as clearly as a spreadsheet editor.
- Ledgible dashboards and reports are limited to displaying historical balances as of the end of a specified date in UTC. It is not possible to report on a specific time.
If your report contains no data, double-check that any wallets or exchanges contained funds on the selected date and that you have added all of your crypto data sources to your Ledgible account.