The File Import Wizard allows you to upload your transaction history to Ledgible from a file in one of the following formats:
To use the File Import Wizard, we recommend performing the following steps:
- Download the Template file from the file import option in Ledgible.
- Copy the contents of the appropriate columns from your downloaded transaction history file to the required columns in the template file. You may also include data from your file for any optional columns. See the template file for detailed instructions and examples.
- Save the completed template file, then upload that file using the File Import Wizard.
The File Import Wizard will also allow you to upload any file with any set of columns as long as it has 1 record per row, meaning you can try uploading your transaction history file directly rather than copying the content to the Template file. The next step in the File Import Wizard will allow you to match your spreadsheet columns to the correct data points in Ledgible. You'll also be able to clean up or remove any corrupted data before finalizing your import.
Please note that the File Import Wizard option has slightly different required and optional fields depending on whether you want to add a wallet from the Wallets tab or an exchange from the Exchanges tab. There are also different columns available in Ledgible Crypto Tax and Ledgible Crypto Accounting. If you have access to multiple Ledgible products, be sure to download and review the instructions from the appropriate product and tab when importing your transaction history file.
Using the File Import Template for Unlisted Exchanges
To upload transactions using the File Import feature, please note the following examples and instructions.
Note that these instructions are also included in the template file you can download through the application; please remove any of the lines that begin with 'DELETE-ME;' prior to attempting to upload your data.
IMPORTANT: You *must* remove all lines beginning with 'DELETE-ME' before attempting to upload this file
Each row that you upload must include the following fields in the following order:
- Date - The date on which the transaction occurred
- Must be in MM/DD/YYYY HH(24h):mm:ss format
- The date will be converted to UTC time upon upload
- Ex: 12/14/2019 13:45
- Type - The type of the transaction
- Must be one of: buy / sell / withdrawal / deposit
- Currency Symbol - The Symbol of the cryptocurrency you bought or sold in the transaction
- Ex: BTC or ETH
- Amount - The number of units of the cryptocurrency you bought or sold in the transaction
- Ex: "3.5738"
- Price (USD) - The per-unit USD price for the cryptocurrency you bought or sold when the transaction occurred. Only numbers and decimals - do not include dollar sign ($) or thousands place separator / comma
- Ex: "6000.00"
- Tax Category - An optional classification that can be added to orders for tax purposes. The options available depend on the type of order.
- Buys and Sells cannot have a category included.
- Deposits may have one of the following: fork, work, deFi, mining, stakingReward, or gift.
- Withdrawals may have gift or donation.
- Order Id - A unique identifier to differentiate between orders. If not provided, a unique id will be created on upload.
- Ex: 32855494825
Seven correctly formatted sample entries have been provided below along with a description of the trade(s) each are describing:
On March 1 2019 - Bought 1 BTC at a cost of $5800.00 in order Id f1e65d14-f35c-40b6-af9e-107193ddc92b
On April 8 2019 - Exchanged 1 BTC for 20 ETH
Note that crypto-to-crypto transactions are represented by two lines - one line for the "sell" and one for the "buy"
First line - On April 8 2019 - Sold 1 BTC for $6000.00
Second line - On April 8 2019 - Bought 20 ETH for $300.00 each (total of $6000.00)
On August 10 2019 - Sold 8.5549 ETH for $248.50 each (total of $2125.89) in order Id b5ede5e0-214b-4f80-a49b-282fd78eec45
On September 22 2019 - Sold 11.4451 ETH for $328.31 each (total of $3757.54)
On October 28 2019 - Deposited 3 ETH to an exchange with a value of $300 each (total of $900.00) as defi in order Id dcb78a7b-3390-42b9-9e2a-a894503801ca
On November 13 2019 - Withdrew 3 ETH from an exchange with a value of $320 each (total of $960.00) as a gift