Ledgible allows you to import transactions from exchanges automatically, through linking your exchange to Ledgible using API keys. This will allow Ledgible to read your transactions without them having to be updated manually beyond running an account refresh.
To import your transactions from Bibox via API connection, you will first need to create an API key from Bibox. To do so:
- Log into your Bibox account, and make sure 2 Factor Authentication is enabled. API keys cannot be generated from Bibox without this extra security measure.
- Click on your profile Icon in the top-right corner, and from the drop-down select API.
- In the page that opens, under the header Remark, you can enter the name you wish to give to your new API key. After naming it, click Create, and Bibox will prompt you to enter your 2 Factor Authentication code.
- Once you enter the code, the API key will be generated. Please note that while you can retrieve the API key number at any time by logging into Bibox and navigating back to API, the secret key will only be displayed once: both are required to import your transactions into Ledgible. It is therefore advised that you store these numbers in a safe place.
Uploading your exchange transactions via API connection follows the same progression for all supported exchanges. While the example used below is not individually tailored to each available exchange, the steps remain the same.
To get started with an API-based exchange connection, follow these steps:
- From your Ledgible account dashboard, click the Crypto Sources tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click the Add Sources button toward the top-right of the page.
- Select your API based exchange. For the purposes of this example we will be using BinanceUS.
- Once the exchange is selected, enter the name for the crypto source you would like to add, designate the account type, and select Add Exchange API Credentials.
- Enter your API key and secret key obtained from your exchange. For more information on specific exchanges, please see this section of our Knowledge Base.
- Click Create on the dialog box that appears, and you can now run an Account Refresh for your transactions to display in Ledgible.