Tax Preparers can invite their clients to Ledgible using several different methods. This article will detail how to invite a Tax Payer to Ledgible by email, in the instance that the Tax Preparer will be billed.
To invite a client to Ledgible by email:
- Log into your Ledgible Tax professional account.
- Navigate to the Clients tab near the top of the screen.
- On the right hand side of the Clients tab, click + Add Client.
- On the Client Access page that opens, select The client should have access to this account.
- Enter the client's email address. Please use the email address that the client has either already used to sign up for Ledgible, or will use in future.
- On the following screen, fill out the first field with the display name for your client that you would like to see in your account, the following field with their contact name, the third field with the timezone your client is in, and the final field with your name you would like to have displayed to your client.
- On the following page, choose the client's Tax Year, their tax Calculation Method, and you can choose to designate GoSystem as your tax software of choice for formatting purposes. Check the last box to certify that the client has given consent to update their tax information in their account. If this box is not checked, consent must be provided by the Client Account contact.
- Review the information on the final page.
- Click create, and an invite will be sent to your client's email address.
Your client can now follow the instructions laid out in this article on how to accept an email invite from a Tax Professional.