Ledgible creates reports for a wide variety of uses: many can be used directly for your returns, such as gains and losses statements and IRS form 8949. Some, such as the Turbotax export, can be used to import your cryptocurrency data into a separate tax or accountancy program.
- Navigate to the Turbo Tax Cryptocurrency section of TurboTax for your returns.
- Click the Add Investments button on the left side of the page to import your data from Ledgible.
- You will be directed to a page with the header Let's import your tax info. A list of different data sources will be listed: click the Enter a different way box towards to bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to start with an investment type. Choose the Cryptocurrency option, and click Continue.
- On the next page marked Select your Crypto Experience, click the option to upload a CSV file, and click Continue.
- On the following page, you will be prompted for some details about the CSV being imported. Under Crypto Service, select Other, and under name, enter Ledgible. Finally, under CSV type, select Gain/Loss or 1099-B.
- Next, click Browse and upload the TurboTax export you created earlier in Ledgible. For more information on generating this report, please refer to this article in our Knowledge Base.
- You will receive a confirmation message for TurboTax mentioning that your form has been successfully imported.
Your cryptocurrency gains and losses have now been successfully imported into TurboTax.