Ledgible allows you to import transactions from exchanges automatically, through linking your exchange to Ledgible using API keys. This will allow Ledgible to read your transactions without them having to be updated manually beyond running an account refresh.
For more information on how to create an API in Crypto.com, please refer to their support article.
Uploading your exchange transactions via API connection follows the same progression for all supported exchanges. While the example used below is not individually tailored to each available exchange, the steps remain the same.
Please note that API connections from crypto.com are only available for institutional accounts at https://crypto.com/exchange. Users using only the app will need to export and upload file as detailed below.
To get started with an API-based exchange connection, follow these steps:
- From your Ledgible account dashboard, click the Crypto Sources tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click the Add Sources button toward the top-right of the page.
- Select your API based exchange. For the purposes of this example we will be using BinanceUS.
- Once the exchange is selected, enter the name for the crypto source you would like to add, designate the account type, and select Add Exchange API Credentials.
- Enter your API key and secret key obtained from your exchange. For more information on specific exchanges, please see this section of our Knowledge Base.
- Click Create on the dialog box that appears, and you can now run an Account Refresh for your transactions to display in Ledgible.
App users can import their transactions from crypto.com by exporting a file as detailed in this article, and uploading to Ledgible following the method below.
To import your cryptocurrency exchange by File Import:
- Log into your Ledgible account.
- Navigate to the Crypto Sources tab.
- Click Add Source on the top right-hand side.
- To add your transactions by file import, navigate to the Exchange category, and click the desired exchange. For the purposes of this example, we will be using BlockFi.
- On the page that opens, name your crypto source in the field at the top, select the account ownership type below, and select Import transactions from files to import your exchange's transactions.
- On the next page, you will be presented with instructions on how to obtain a CSV from your exchange on the left, and on the right, you will have a field to upload your CSV file. Click the blue upload field, select your file, and click Next. Please note that there is no formatting required for listed exchanges, but if you have selected Unlisted Exchange, a template file will be provided with instructions for formatting. Please see this article for more information, specifically the section Adding an unlisted Exchange.
- Confirm the details of the crypto source you have added on the following page, and click Create. You can now run an Account Refresh for your transactions to display in Ledgible.