You can add your transaction history from your Trezor hardware wallet through one of the following methods. Each section includes recommendations on when it is the best option to use. Select the Add Wallet Data button on the top right of your Wallets dashboard in Ledgible Crypto Tax to get started!
This is the best method for adding your transaction history on blockchains for which it is supported. A few things to keep in mind when using the Wallet Connect option:
- You will need to plug your Trezor device into the device from which you are accessing the Ledgible platform via a USB connection.
- We recommend using the Chrome browser to access Ledgible when using this method.
- Transaction history from different blockchains must be added separately, so you can simply repeat this process for each supported chain on which you have Trezor transaction history.
- Select the Wallets tab.
- Click the Add Wallet Data button.
- Select Standard Wallet and then the Next button.
- Enter a meaningful name for the wallet and select the applicable blockchain.
- If Wallet Connect is available in Ledgible for the selected blockchain, select Wallet Provider and then Next. If it does not appear as a third option, then see below for adding transactions for other blockchains.
- Select Trezor to see the available options for adding the public address(es) to Ledgible.
- Click the Select button to the right of the desired option to link to a USB-connected Trezor hardware wallet.
- Follow the prompts to finish adding the transaction history for this address. Add additional addresses from the Addresses tab for your new wallet.
Public Address Manual Entry
Alternatively, you can simply add the public address (and any additional receiving addresses that you used in each wallet) for each supported blockchain by copying and pasting it into Ledgible through the Standard Wallet > Manual Entry option. This is the best option if you only used one receiving address for your wallet AND when selecting the desired blockchain in the drop-down list, Wallet Provider does not show up as a third option (meaning Wallet Connect is not supported currently for this chain).
Extended Public Key
This method is ideal if you have many receiving addresses on a supported blockchain and the Wallet Connect option is not available or you are not able to plug it in via a USB cable to your device to use the Wallet Connect functionality. The HD Wallet / XPUB option allows Ledgible to generate all receiving addresses associated with a particular Extended Public Key (XPUB) automatically, rather than entering them one at a time as in the Manual Entry option. Please note that this does not give Ledgible the ability to move your funds- it simply allows Ledgible to view your receiving addresses and therefore add any associated transactions. See Trezor's guide here on how to find your XPUB. Add it to Ledgible by selecting HD Wallet / XPUB from the Add Wallet Data screen.
The File Import option is also available. This is the best option if you have any transaction history on the Trezor on an unsupported blockchain that is not listed in the drop-down menu list in the Standard Wallet flow. See Trezor's guide to downloading a CSV file containing your transaction history here and our guide to using the file import method here.
Not sure about what method to use? Have any questions or concerns? Feel free to contact us with what blockchains you have transacted in on your Trezor or any questions not answered in this guide. We're happy to help!