In some cases you may need to add a transaction to your Ledgible transaction data by adding a manual entry. Manual Entry allows you to create a transaction entry that mimics an on-chain transaction by providing the details of the transaction (date, currency, etc).
To add a manual entry for a wallet:
- Navigate to the Wallets tab.
- Select the Add Wallet Data button in the top right.
- Choose Manual Entry by selecting the radio button (circle) to the left of it, then click the Next button.
- Give your wallet a meaningful name. This will be used to reference this wallet on your Ledgible dashboards and reports. Select Next to continue to the data entry screen.
- Enter the information for your transaction and select Next to continue when done. Here are the available fields and other options when adding a manual entry:
- Time (Local)
- Type (Transfer In or Transfer Out)
- Categorization (Optional, used for some reports)
- Symbol (Select from the drop-down menu or check Currency not listed and enter your own)
- Price (per unit)
- Pricing Unit
- Confirm the displayed information is correct, then select Create to add this transaction to your transaction history in Ledgible.
- Select Close to go back to your list of wallets on the Wallets tab or View Wallet to view details on the Summary page of your new Wallet.
To view information and transaction history for this wallet, you can select it from the list of wallets on the Wallets tab.
You can add more transactions to this wallet by selecting the Create Entry button in the top right of the Summary page for your wallet.
Don't forget to run a Tax Update Refresh when done adding transactions to tell Ledgible to perform new calculations based on the new data!