This article will walk you through adding your Gemini exchange account to Ledgible using an API connection. This integration will automatically sync your full Gemini transaction history to your Ledgible account.
This article contains the following sections:
- Ledgible will only have read-only (Auditor) access to Gemini. It does not require Fund Management, Trading or Admin permissions to sync your transactions.
- To permit Ledgible view-only access to Gemini, you will generate a new Secret Key and API Key from your Gemini account. You will not provide Ledgible with your Gemini credentials as the API key permits specific access that can be revoked at any time from your Gemini account if desired by deleting the API Key from the API menu.
- Basic instructions to connect your Gemini account to Ledgible are provided during the Add Exchange Data flow in Ledgible. Detailed instructions are also provided below with screenshots (more coming soon).
- Be sure to enter the API Key and API Secret in the correct fields. NOTE: You must include your API 'account-' when entering your key
- From your Ledgible Accounting account, select the Exchanges tab.
- Select the Add Exchange Data button in the top right.
Note: If you have not added any exchanges yet, you can also click the Add Exchange Data button shown under Plug Into Your First Exchange in the center towards the bottom of the screen, as shown in the screenshot below. Both buttons will take you to the next screen. If you have added at least one exchange already, the list of linked exchanges will be shown instead.
- Under Exchange Type, choose the radio button (circle) for Exchange API Connection. Select the Next button.
Note: The Exchange API Connection option for Gemini does not require your credentials. You will be provided with instructions on obtaining an API key and other unique data to sync to your Gemini account securely without providing your account credentials.
- From the Select Exchange drop down menu, choose Gemini.
- You will see fields for an API Key, and Secret. Select the down arrow to the right of API Instructions to expand the steps to obtain these items.
- In a separate browser tab or window, go to the Gemini website at https://exchange.gemini.com/. If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in first and then enter your two factor authentication code, if enabled. Select the Account button on the top right and then Settings from the menu that appears. Click the down arrow on the top right of the next screen, the select the API option.
- Select the Create a New API Key button above the API Keys heading.
- Choose the Scope for the API Key. In the next step you will select read-only permissions, so this selection only determines whether the API Key will allow read access to all sub-accounts (Master API Key) or just your primary account (Account API Key). Select the Create A New API Key button when finished.
- Under API Key Name, give the API key a unique name that will help you remember that it is for Ledgible.
- Under API Key Permissions, select the box to the left of Auditor to add a check mark next to it. Only select Auditor; do not select Fund Management, Trading or Admin (Master API Key only). The Auditor permission allows for read-only access to your Gemini account.
- Copy the contents of the API key field in Gemini and paste it into the API Key field on the Add Exchange Data screen in your open Ledgible browser window or tab.
Reminder: Make sure you add account- before entering the value of the field. If you enter the value only, you will get an error.
- Copy the contents of the API Secret field in Gemini and paste it into the Secret field in your Ledgible browser tab or window.
Note: You may also want to save this in a secure location in case you need it again. The API Secret will not be shown again; if you move to the next screen without saving it you will need to start the process over in Gemini.
- Check the box in front of Yes, I have copied and pasted my API secret to a safe place and understand that I will not be able to access it again. Select the Confirm button to proceed.
- You are done with Gemini for this procedure and can close your Gemini browser window or tab. Return to your Ledgible browser window or tab and select the Next button.
- Give this exchange connection a name; we recommend you use something to indicate that it is for Gemini. Select Create to complete the exchange connection setup.
- You will receive confirmation that the exchange connection has been created. Select Close to close the window or View Exchange to open your new Gemini exchange connection.
- If Ledgible displays an error that your credentials are invalid, please check that you have entered the API Key and Secret in the correct fields.