Once your Ledgible account is set up, you can proceed with adding your crypto transaction data into Ledgible.
To integrate your HD wallet into Ledgible:
- Log into your Ledgible account.
- Navigate to the Crypto Sources tab.
- Click Add Source on the top right-hand side.
- To add your transactions by wallet address, navigate to the Blockchain category, and click the desired asset.
- On the page that opens, name your crypto source in the field at the top, the account ownership type below, and select Sync on-chain transactions to import your wallet by address. We will use Bitcoin for the purposes of this example.
- On the following page under Bitcoin address type, select XPUB (HD Wallet). If you have a single signature wallet type, leave Single Signature selected, and you can paste your Extended Public Key in the field below. If you have a multiple signature type wallet, select Multi Signature, enter the number of signatures required for your wallet, paste your first public key, and click the +Public Key button to add the rest.
- On the last page, review the information before clicking Create.
Once your HD wallet is added, you can run an account refresh to display all the transactions imported from your new source. You can now proceed with adding other crypto sources, or if all of your transactions have been uploaded to Ledgible, you can review transaction exceptions and generate reports.
NOTES: The XPUB key does not give Ledgible access to spend funds in your wallet, but rather read-only access so that Ledgible can derive the same wallet addresses used by your XPUB wallet.
XPUB, YPUB and ZPUB denote different standards to derive wallet addresses. XPUB generates addresses that begin with a 1, YPUB generates addresses that begin with a 3, and ZPUB generates addresses that begin with bc1. All are accepted formats by Ledgible.